Thursday, March 18, 2004
ATLANTA – Fantasy 5 fever is in the air! The top prize for tonight’s drawing is the largest in Georgia Lottery history. No one matched all five numbers in any of the past 10 Fantasy 5 drawings so $1,376,505, accumulated since March 9, 2004, will be added to tonight’s top prize.
The top prize will be determined by the number of tickets sold. If more than one player matches five of five numbers, the winners will share the top prize.
“Fantasy 5 is on a roll, and it’s exciting to know that someone could become a millionaire tonight,” said Margaret DeFrancisco, president and CEO of the Georgia Lottery Corporation. “It’s also exciting to know that every dollar generated supports lottery-funded educational programs in Georgia.”
The largest Fantasy 5 top prize to date was $1,247,708, which was split by two winners on July 5, 2001. The highest Fantasy 5 top prize to a single winner was $1,183,702 for the July 31, 2003 drawing.
GLC retailers selling winning Fantasy 5 tickets receive a retailer incentive bonus of $2,000. The retailer incentive bonus increases by $2,000 each time Fantasy 5 rolls. Since Fantasy 5 has rolled 10 times, the retailer incentive bonus is worth $22,000 for tonight’s drawing. If more than one winning top prize ticket is sold, the retailers selling the top prize winning tickets will share the incentive bonus.
You can watch tonight’s Fantasy 5 drawing live at 11:34 p.m. on your local lottery drawing station. Fantasy 5 drawings are held every night.
Fantasy 5 Facts
· Fantasy 5 drawings are held seven nights a week.
· Fantasy 5 drawings are held at 11 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and at 11:34 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
· Fantasy 5 debuted on November 18, 1994.
· The largest Fantasy 5 top prize was $1,247,708, which was split by two winners on July 5, 2001.
· The highest Fantasy 5 top prize to a single winner was $1,183,702 for the July 31, 2003 drawing.
· The overall odds of winning any Fantasy 5 prize are 1:100.
· The odds of winning the top prize are 1:575,757.
· The retailer incentive bonus for selling a top prize (five of five) ticket is $2,000. The retailer incentive bonus increases by $2,000 each time Fantasy 5 rolls.
· Winners have 180 days from the draw date to claim prizes.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corporation has returned over $6 billion to the state of Georgia for education. All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs. These include Georgia’s HOPE scholarship program; a statewide, voluntary pre-kindergarten program for four-year-olds; and a wide range of technological and capital upgrades for the state’s schools, technical institutes, colleges, universities and public libraries.
For more information, please visit the Media Center on the GLC Web site at:
Play Responsibly – It’s All About Fun!
Georgia Lottery Corporation
Media Relations Department
Media Relations Manager
media [at] galottery [dot] org