“$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion”
1. Eligibility: The Georgia Lottery’s “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion” (the “Promotion”) is open to all holders of a non-winning Georgia Lottery’s $3,000,000 Taxes Paid (Game 859) Instant Game ticket. An Entrant must be a legal resident of the U.S. who is 18 years of age or older and a Georgia Lottery Players Club member. Employees of the Georgia Lottery Corporation (“Sponsor”), Scientific Games International, Inc., BBDO Atlanta, What’s Up, LLC, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, contractors, advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, “Sponsors”), and employees and immediate family members living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Commencing January 25, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time and continuing through a date to be determined by the Georgia Lottery (the “Promotion Period”), a Player may submit an entry consisting of any non-winning Georgia Lottery $3,000,000 Taxes Paid (Game 859) instant ticket, along with required information, through the Georgia Lottery’s website at www.galottery.com/taxespaid. Mailed entries will not be accepted. Players must click on “ENTER TO WIN”, follow the screen instructions to login to their Players Club account, and (1) enter a valid 12-digit ticket number from a non-winning Georgia Lottery $3,000,000 Taxes Paid (Game 859) instant ticket, (2) click where indicated to show the Player’s agreement to the Georgia Lottery “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion” Official Rules, and (3) click where indicated, to submit entry. You may enter as often as you would like, however you may only use one unique $3,000,000 Taxes Paid (Game 859) valid instant ticket number per entry. Multiple entries using the same Georgia Lottery ticket and entries made via automated computer scripts or other programming techniques will be disqualified. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Promotion.
Entrants selected must produce the actual non-winning Georgia Lottery $3,000,000 Taxes Paid (Game 859) instant ticket represented by the information given on the Entrant’s entry or else that Entrant may be disqualified and an alternate entry may be selected.
Proof of submission does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, garbled, misdirected, forged e-mail or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor not responsible for any damage to any individual’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these Official Rules, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside control of Sponsor which impair or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify, terminate, or suspend the Promotion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on the promotional website at www.galottery.com/taxespaid and random drawings will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination of the Promotion end date.
3. Drawings: Weekly Drawings will be held each Wednesday, commencing on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 and will continue until a date to be determined by the Georgia Lottery. Each week, one (1) entry will be randomly selected as the Weekly Prize Winner from all eligible entries received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on the Monday immediately preceding each Wednesday Drawing. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each Drawing. New entries are required for each Weekly Drawing. Entries will not be rolled over week to week and will only be eligible for the week they are received. Entries not received by the specified deadline for a Drawing will be automatically entered in the next scheduled Drawing. Entries received after the deadline for the final Drawing will not be eligible for any Drawing. The date of the final Drawing is to be determined (“TBD”) by the Georgia Lottery and will be posted on the promotional website at www.galottery.com/taxespaid and/or otherwise publicly announced.
4. Prizes: Each Weekly Prize Winner will win twenty-thousand dollars ($20,000.00) taxes paid. Each Weekly Prize of $28,986.00 includes federal income tax of 25% ($7,247.00) and state income tax of 6% ($1,739.00) for a projected net prize of $20,000.00.
The Georgia Lottery will pay the minimum required federal and state tax withholdings as part of a Weekly Prize. Prize Winners will be responsible for any additional federal and state withholdings and/or applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any customs charges or tariffs on the Weekly Prize. All Prize Winners will be required to furnish their social security number/tax identification number for federal and state tax reporting and withholding.
Prizes are not transferable, and no substitutes for prizes are available, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute different prizes of comparable value. Sponsor's decisions shall be final and conclusive in all matters relating to the Promotion.
5. Winner Notification: Telephone contact will be attempted for each potential Prize Winner who has a telephone number listed in their Players Club profile. Each potential Prize Winner will be notified by U.S. mail or e-mail at the street address and/or e-mail address provided in their Players Club profile upon entry into the Promotion. Prize Winners will be required to complete and sign a Winner Claim Form and return the form and required entry ticket within twenty-one (21) days of the corresponding Drawing. Except where prohibited by law, Prize Winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and return it within twenty-one (21) days of the corresponding Drawing. If after reasonable attempts to contact a Prize Winner by the Georgia Lottery Corporation, a Prize Winner does not return the form(s) and required entry ticket within twenty-one (21) days of the Drawing, the Prize may be forfeited. In the event a Prize is forfeited, an Alternate will be awarded the Prize.
Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By submitting an entry, an Entrant agrees to allow use of his or her name, in full or in part, for any and all purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations and without compensation, including, but not limited to for promotional and advertising purposes.
6. General Terms and Conditions: The Georgia Lottery Corporation, Scientific Games International, Inc., BBDO Atlanta, What’s Up, LLC, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, contractors, advertising/promotional agencies, and employees assume no liability or responsibility for damages, losses, or injury resulting from this promotion or the acceptance or use of a prize. Taxes and any other incidental expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. All federal, state, and local law and regulations shall apply.
By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants and Prize Winners agree to the Georgia Lottery “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion” Official Rules and the decisions of the Georgia Lottery, whose decisions shall be final in all respects and legally binding in all matters related to this Promotion. All Entrants and Prize Winners agree to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor and Sponsors against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage (including but not limited to property damage, personal injury and/or death), claims, actions, costs and expenses (including without limitation, all attorney's fees and court costs) arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with his/her participation in the Promotion, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activity, including but not limited to any travel related thereto or any goods/services provided in connection with any prize. Player further acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsors are in no manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers' terms therefore and Prize Winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Acceptance of prize shall further constitute and signify the Prize Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the Prize Winner's name, likeness and/or prize and biographical information worldwide for promotion purposes without limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited. Prize Winners are solely responsible for any local, state, or federal income taxes on prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, barring and disqualifying individuals who do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Fulton County located in Atlanta, Georgia. Records related to the Promotion (including, but not limited to, entries, drawing results, and winners lists) will be retained for a period of one-hundred eighty (180) days after the last drawing date.
7. Official Rules: For a complete copy of the “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion” Official Rules, players may (1) visit the Georgia Lottery’s $3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance promotional website at www.galottery.com/taxespaid, or, (2) send a request to: “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion”, Attn: Rules Request, 250 Williams Street, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30303.
8, Winners List: For a copy of the names of Prize Winners for the “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion”, players may (1) visit the Georgia Lottery’s $3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance promotional website at www.galottery.com/taxespaid, or (2) send a request to: “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion”, Attn: Winners List Request, 250 Williams Street, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30303.
9. Decisions of the President/CEO: In the event of any situation not provided for in these “$3,000,000 Taxes Paid Extra Chance Promotion” Official Rules or any conflict between any provisions of these rules, the decision of the President/CEO of Georgia Lottery Corporation, or her designee, shall be final and binding.
10. Sponsor: Georgia Lottery Corporation, 250 Williams Street, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30303.