Official Georgia Lottery Facebook Contest Rules
Facebook Contests and Events
1. Background: The Georgia Lottery may periodically sponsor and conduct Contests or Events via social media and networking sites and/or applications. These Official Rules will serve as the basis for which the Contests or Events conducted via Facebook will be structured and administered, unless Georgia Lottery official rules specific to that promotion are posted with the promotion.
2. Eligibility: The Georgia Lottery’s Facebook Contests and Events are open to all legal residents of the state of Georgia who are 18 years of age or older who have a Facebook account. Employees of the Georgia Lottery Corporation (“Sponsor”), GTECH, Scientific Games International, Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, Pollard Banknote Limited Partnership, BBDO Atlanta, Alchemy3, LLC, What’s Up, LLC, Facebook, Inc., and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, contractors, advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, “Sponsors”), and immediate family members living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How To Enter: Specific entry requirements and entry periods for each Contest or Event will be communicated by the Georgia Lottery via its Facebook account. Entry methods may include, but are not limited to, response, comment, picture submission or entry via email submission, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, garbled, misdirected, forged e-mail or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor not responsible for any damage to any individual’s computer or telephone system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason a Contest or Event is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these Official Rules, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside control of Sponsor which impair or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of a Contest or Event, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify, terminate, or suspend the Contest or Event. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on the Georgia Lottery website at www.galottery.com and random drawings may be held from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination of the Contest or Event end date.
By submitting a photograph to the Georgia Lottery Corporation’s contests, you represent and warrant that the photograph is your own original creation for this Contest, you own all the rights to the photograph, you have acquired permission from all other persons who may appear in the photograph, the photograph does not depict illegal, dangerous, or unsafe activity, does not disparage anyone, does not depict drug or alcohol use, is intended for family audience viewing, and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work and does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any person or entity (including any rights of privacy or publicity). Sponsor has the sole and unfettered discretion to determine whether a photograph is suitable, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate, promotes any product or services of competitors, or contains copyrighted work. Sponsor in its sole discretion may decide to disqualify an entry. By submitting an entry, you grant the Georgia Lottery Corporation and anyone it may authorize to display your photographic and biographical information on any public forum.
By submitting an entry, an Entrant agrees to allow use of his or her name, in full or in part, for any and all purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations and without compensation, including, but not limited to, for promotional and advertising purposes. Entrants agree and acknowledge Sponsor may have access to material that is similar or identical to Entrant submissions and that the Entrants may not be entitled to any compensation for any use by Sponsor of this similar material.
Entrants irrevocably grant to Sponsor and Sponsors a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, unconditional, perpetual, and transferable right and license to:
o Reproduce, encode, store, modify, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation, as to when or to the number of time used), the Entrant’s name, city of residence, image, likeness, statements, and/or biographical material in promotional activity.
o Use the submitted material for advertising, promotion or commercial purposes, and the right, without limitation, to publicly display, reproduce, and distribute the submitted material in any media format or medium and through any media channel.
o Allow access to submitted material via RSS or any similar feed.
Forfeit rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, or other legal or moral rights that would preclude Sponsor or affiliates from using the submitted material for promotional purposes and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Sponsors’ use of the submitted material.
4. Winner Selection: The winner selection process for each Contest or Event will be communicated by the Georgia Lottery via its Facebook account. Winner selection methods may include, but are not limited to, random drawings, total likes, judging, voting, or total number of entries.
5. Prizes: The prize description, quantity, and approximate retail value will be communicated by the Georgia Lottery via its Facebook account. Prizes are not transferable, and no substitutes for prizes are available, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute different prizes of comparable value. Sponsor's decisions shall be final and conclusive in all matters relating to a Contest or Event. Prize Winners will be responsible for any federal and state tax withholdings, other legally required withholdings, and/or applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any customs charges or tariffs on a Prize.
6. Winner Notification: For Facebook contests, winners will be announced in the form of a status update on the Georgia Lottery’s Facebook fan page and by phone or email contact. Prize Winners may be required to respond within a specific period of time and/or complete and sign a Winner Claim Form and return the form within the established time period of the corresponding Winner Selection. If after reasonable attempts to contact a Prize Winner by the Georgia Lottery Corporation, a Prize Winner does not return the form within the established time period of the Winner Selection, the Prize may be forfeited. In the event a Prize is forfeited, an Alternate may be awarded the Prize.
Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By submitting an entry, an Entrant agrees to allow use of his or her name, in full or in part, for any and all purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations and without compensation, including, but not limited to for promotional and advertising purposes.
7. General Terms and Conditions: The Georgia Lottery Corporation, GTECH, Scientific Games International, Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, Pollard Banknote Limited Partnership, BBDO Atlanta, Alchemy3, LLC, What’s Up, LLC, Facebook, Inc., and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, contractors, advertising/promotional agencies, and employees assume no liability or responsibility for damages, losses, or injury resulting from this promotion or the acceptance or use of a prize. Taxes and any other incidental expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. All federal, state, and local law and regulations shall apply.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
By participating in a Georgia Lottery Facebook Contest or Event, all Entrants and Prize Winners agree to the Georgia Lottery Facebook Contests and Events Official Rules and the decisions of the Georgia Lottery, whose decisions shall be final in all respects and legally binding in all matters related to the Contest or Event. All Entrants and Prize Winners agree to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor and Sponsors against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage (including but not limited to property damage, personal injury and/or death), claims, actions, costs and expenses (including without limitation, all attorney's fees and court costs) arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with his/her participation in a Contest or Event, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activity, including but not limited to any travel related thereto or any goods/services provided in connection with any prize. Player further acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsors are in no manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers' terms therefore and Prize Winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Acceptance of prize shall further constitute and signify the Prize Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the Prize Winner's name, likeness and/or prize and biographical information worldwide for promotion purposes without limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited. Prize Winners are solely responsible for any local, state, or federal income taxes on prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of a Contest or Event, including without limitation, barring and disqualifying individuals who do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and Sponsors in connection with a Contest or Event, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Fulton County located in Atlanta, Georgia. Records related to a Contest or Event (including, but not limited to, entries, drawing results, and winners lists) will be retained for a period of one-hundred eighty (180) days after the last drawing date.
8. Official Rules: For a complete copy of the Georgia Lottery Facebook Contests and Events Official Rules, players may (1) visit the Georgia Lottery’s website at www.galottery.com, or, (2) send a request to: “Georgia Lottery Facebook Contests and Events”, Attn: Rules Request – [specify Facebook Contest or Event name], 250 Williams Street, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30303.
9. Winner List: For a copy of the names of Prize Winners for a Georgia Lottery Facebook Contest or Event, players may (1) visit the Georgia Lottery’s Facebook account at www.facebook.com/GeorgiaLottery or website at www.galottery.com, or (2) send a request to: Facebook Contests and Events”, Attn: Winner List Request –[specify Facebook Contest or Event name], 250 Williams Street, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30303.
10. Decisions of the President/CEO: In the event of any situation not provided for in these Georgia Lottery Facebook Contests and Events Official Rules or any conflict between any provisions of these rules, the decision of the President/CEO of Georgia Lottery Corporation, or her designee, shall be final and binding.
11. Sponsor: Georgia Lottery Corporation, 250 Williams Street, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30303.