How to Claim
How to Claim
Sign and print your name on the back of your lottery ticket right after purchase to guarantee you are the rightful owner of the prizes won.
Prizes $600 or less – can be claimed at any Georgia Lottery retailer, Georgia Lottery office or by mail. For security reasons, many retailers do not keep large amounts of cash available, so they may pay you with cash, a money order, or a combination of cash and money order.
Winners of prizes $600 or more must complete the following:
a) Fill out a claim form supplied by any GLC office. Winner Claim Form
b) Present two forms of valid identification For more valid identification details, please review the Georgia Lottery Identification Policy.
Additional payment information:
- Prizes of $601 - $249,999: claimed at GLC headquarters or district offices are generally paid the same day.
- Prizes up to $25,000: can also be claimed at the GLC Kiosks located at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and are generally paid the same day.
- Prizes of $250,000 to $499,999: winners should plan to arrive at GLC headquarters or district offices by 4 p.m. for same day payment; winners who arrive after 4 p.m. will be paid the following business day.
- Prizes of $500,000 or more - are generally paid within 5-10 business days from the date of claim and are electronically deposited into your bank account.
Prizes of $600 or less - simply fill out the back of the ticket and mail it to the below GLC P.O. Box address.
Prizes over $600 – fill out the back of the ticket, complete a Winner Claim Form and mail it to the below GLC P.O. Box address along with your signed ticket, and copies of your valid government-issued photo ID and social security card. For more details, please review the Georgia Lottery Identification Policy.
The Georgia Lottery Corporation is not responsible for tickets which are lost by the U.S. Postal Service or any other carrier. Normal processing time for prize claims received by mail is 2 - 3 weeks. Please note that big jackpots for Mega Millions or Powerball may increase the processing time to 4 to 5 weeks.
PRIZES EXPIRE…Please don’t wait too long
Online tickets - Winners have 180 days from the drawing date on the ticket to claim a prize.
Instant tickets – Winners have 90 days from the Expired Date to claim a prize. (See list of ended games)
Prizes up to and including $600 won from purchases made on the Georgia Lottery’s website or mobile app will be automatically paid to the winner’s iHOPE® account.
Prizes greater than $600 - winners receive an email with instructions on how to claim their prizes.
Income Tax Withholdings and State Owed Debts
1) Federal and State Income Tax Withholdings will be deducted from prizes exceeding $5,000. A Winner’s ultimate tax liability may be greater or lesser than the amounts withheld.
2) State Owed Debts in excess of $100 for Child Support Services, Department of Education and Department of Revenue will be deducted from prizes per the Lottery for Education Act. (O.C.G.A. § 50-27-53(2015)
When a winner presents a prize valued $601 or more, the Georgia Lottery requires the following from the winner:
1) An originally issued and valid photo identification bearing the winner’s name and signature in order to verify the identity of the winner.
Acceptable Forms of Photo Identification
Photo ID must be currently valid or issued within the past five (5) years):
- Driver’s License
- Georgia Identification Card
- Driver’s License issued by another state
- Identification issued by another state
- U. S. Armed Forces Identification Card
- U. S. Student Identification Card
- U. S. Passport
- Foreign Passport (must contain a serial number & be stamped by U. S. Immigration and Naturalization Service)
- U. S. Resident Alien Card
2) An official document listing the winner’s Social Security number to verify the accuracy of SSN provided by the winner on the Winner Claim Form.
Social Security Number Verification
The first and last names listed on the SSN card/document must be the same as that listed on the photo ID provided.
- Social Security Card – preferred
- IRS Form W-2
- Medicare “A” Insurance Card (Note: cannot accept a Medicare “D” card as this card lists the dependent’s name, but does not list the dependent’s SSN)
- Employee Check Stub with SSN specifically identified
- Employee Identification with SSN specifically identified
- Letter from Social Security Administration with SSN identified
- Health Insurance Card with SSN specifically identified
- Any official printed document which lists the winner’s SSN
Georgia Lottery District Offices are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All offices are closed on federal holidays. GLC kiosks at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport are open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. for prize claims up to $25,000.
Please confirm that the Georgia Lottery District Offices are open on the day you plan to visit.