Spring has sprung: Players win more than $2.4M in prizes
ATLANTA – Georgia Lottery players won more than $2.4 million in top and second-level prizes during the second week of April.
· One ticket worth $30,000 was sold in Dublin for the April 6 Mega Millions drawing. The ticket was purchased at Super Foods, located at 1898 Marion St.
· One Mega Millions ticket worth $10,000 also was sold in Canton for the April 6 drawing. The ticket was purchased at Publix Super Market #0624, located at 1451 Riverstone Parkway.
· One ticket won $372,441 in the April 7 Fantasy 5 drawing. The ticket was purchased at BP, located at 1315 E. King Ave. in Kingsland.
· One top prize $1,000 a week for life ticket from the Monopoly $1,000 a Week for Life scratcher was sold in Mableton. The ticket was purchased at Shell, located at 4360 Floyd Road SW and was claimed April 6 at a Georgia Lottery District Office.
· One $2 million ticket from the 100X the Win scratcher was sold in Marietta. The ticket was purchased at Publix Super Market #548, located at 50 Ernest W. Barrett Parkway NW and was claimed April 8 at a Georgia Lottery District Office.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corp. has returned approximately $23.4 billion to the state of Georgia for education. All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs, including Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship Program and Georgia’s Pre-K Program. More than 1.9 million students have received HOPE, and more than 1.6 million 4-year-olds have attended the statewide, voluntary prekindergarten program.
For more information on the Georgia Lottery Corp. and Powerball, please visit: