Purchasing your lottery tickets
- Be an educated player - know how to play. Information on our games and prize amounts is available on our website at galottery.com, or by calling a Player Information Representative at 1-800-GA-LUCKY (all U.S. callers) or 1-800-255-0056 TDD (Hearing Impaired - Georgia Relay Center).
- Fill out a playslip to ensure the accuracy of the draw game ticket you want to purchase.
- Verify the accuracy of your draw game ticket and/or winnings before leaving the retailer's premises - it is the player's responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the ticket.
- Players should inspect their instant tickets to make sure the latex covering on the play area is intact. Players should not accept a ticket if any part of the latex has been removed.
- Only buy lottery tickets from authorized Georgia Lottery retailers. If you are approached by someone offering a "winning ticket" for cash, refuse the offer and contact Lottery Security immediately.
Signing your ticket
- The Georgia Lottery encourages players to immediately sign their winning tickets. Therefore, if your ticket were lost or stolen, you may not be able to establish that you own the ticket.
- By putting your information on your ticket, it will help to identify it as yours in the event the ticket is lost or stolen.
Checking your lottery tickets
- Players may check winning numbers by picking up a winning numbers printout from their lottery retailer, by checking the Georgia Lottery website at galottery.com, or by calling our Player Information Hotline at 1-800-GA-LUCKY (all U.S. callers) or 1-800-255-0056 TDD (Hearing Impaired - Georgia Relay Center).
- Sign up for the Georgia Lottery Players Club at galottery.com to have winning numbers emailed directly to you.
- Ticket checkers are available at most Georgia Lottery retailers for players to scan their own tickets and check winnings.
Redeeming winning tickets
- All prizes up to and including $600 may be claimed at any Georgia Lottery retailer. Retailers can pay prizes by cash, business check or money order. Prizes over $600 must be claimed at any Georgia Lottery district office or by mail. Prizes up to $5,000 from draw game purchases made on the Georgia Lottery’s website or with a registered iHOPEcard at a retail location will be automatically paid to the player’s iHOPEcard account.
- Tickets can be validated only once. If you have your ticket validated at one location, it will not scan correctly at a different location.
- It's a good idea to ask for a validation receipt when redeeming a winning ticket. The receipt will verify the amount of your winnings.
How to care for your ticket
- DO store your ticket in a safe place until you are ready to redeem it.
- DO NOT expose your ticket to extreme sunlight or heat including from irons, dryers or windowpanes.
- DO NOT submerge your ticket underwater. Water will affect a ticket if it is submerged for a prolonged period of time.
- DO NOT store ticket in the freezer.
- Retailers may pay winners by money order if the winnings are over $50. If this is not acceptable to you, you may try another retailer, a GLC district office, GLC HQ or mail in the ticket along with a claim form and two forms of identification.
- Remember that an exchange ticket must be printed and given to you when you redeem a multi-draw ticket withremaining draws. Retailers keep and deface all original winning tickets.
- Notify the Georgia Lottery immediately if you think your ticket has been mishandled. Call 1-800-GA-LUCKY (1-800-425-8259).
- Never hand a lottery ticket to anyone without knowing how much it's worth. (If you have to give a ticket to anyone to assess its value or collect winnings, sign and print your name on the ticket first and always keep your ticket in view.)
Enjoy playing our games and please remember to play responsibly - it's all about fun!