- A 6% commission on all Lottery product sales.
- High rate of return per square inch of counter space in comparison to other products.
- State-of-the-art computerized equipment.
- Attractive point-of-sale materials identifying you as a Georgia Lottery Retailer.
- Marketing assistance provided through your Lottery Sales Representative.
- Potential for increased revenue in stores (add-ons). Winning tickets will place cash in customer’s hands.
- Equipment, training and supplies are provided at no cost.
- Potential to increase customer traffic, creating opportunities to cross – merchandise other products, resulting in overall store profits.
- $50,000 bonus for selling a winning Mega Millions or Powerball Jackpot ticket.
Become a Retailer
Become a Retailer
- Lotteries are as old as America itself. Universities such as Yale and Harvard were founded with money raised by lotteries. George Washington utilized lottery funds to provide food and clothing for his military troops.
- Lotteries were present in Georgia in the 1800s.
- Studies show that approximately 95% of lottery players buy at least one additional item when making their lottery purchase.
- Research indicates that lottery players spend 65% more per visit than non-lottery customers.
- Average lottery customer visits location 4.1 times per month.
- There are currently 44 lotteries in 44 states plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. More than 80% of the U.S. population lives in lottery states.
- The Georgia Lottery Corporation has experienced unprecedented sales and returns to education in its 25-year operation.
- Since inception, the Georgia Lottery has contributed more than $20 billion to educational programs in Georgia.
- All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs, including Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship Program and Georgia’s Pre-K Program.
- More than 1.8 million students have received HOPE, and more than 1.6 million 4-year olds have attended the statewide, voluntary prekindergarten program.
For more information on how to become a Georgia Lottery Retailer or to obtain an application, please contact your nearest Georgia Lottery Corporation District Sales Office.
Georgia Lottery District Offices are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All offices are closed on federal holidays.
WANT TO BE A GEORGIA LOTTERY RETAILER?
If you are a retailer and are interested in becoming a Georgia Lottery Retailer, please contact your nearest Georgia Lottery Corporation District Sales Office or call the Georgia Lottery Headquarters in Atlanta.